We’ve just released the second alpha of Graylog v2.0. If you missed the first alpha, check out this blog post to get caught up on the new features that we’ve already announced. This second alpha release includes a new live tail feature, in addition to some bug fixes.
Testing the alpha
This Alpha release is far from feature complete, but we would definitely appreciate your help with testing at this current state! Please submit issues at our GitHub graylog-server repo.
New documentation for 2.0 is also in progress, and we could use some help filling in the gaps as you explore the new version. If you’re interested in contributing to documentation for 2.0, please submit content at our GitHub documentation repo.
This second alpha incorporates feedback we received from the community, adds new features and fixes a few bugs that have been discovered during testing.
New Features since the first Graylog v2.0 alpha release
Live Tail: Automatic Search Results Update
This adds the much requested tail -f feature to Graylog. Your search results can now be configured to reload the latest search results automatically in 1 second to 5 minute increments. Follow the latest log activities, like errors and exceptions after a deployment of your own software, without having to hit the reload button all the time. Use this to see what is being written to Graylog in real time.
The embedded Elasticsearch has been updated to version 2.2 from the previous 2.1.
Graylog server and web interface
- Fixed issues with search page pagination and number of returned results: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1759, Graylog2/graylog2-server#1775, and Graylog2/graylog2-server#1802
- Avoid creating MongoDB collection multiple times: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1747
- Removed number of connected nodes in login page: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1732
- Fix dynamic search result histogram resolution: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1764
- Show overlay in Graylog web interface when Graylog server is not available: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1762
- Fix metric types: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1784
- Only load all metrics on demand: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1782
- Activate search refresh after selecting a refresh interval: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1796
- Fix circular dependencies: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1789
- Only render input forms when input type is available: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1798
- Fix error with graylog-ctl reconfigure-as-* functions Graylog2/omnibus-graylog2#26
- Disable SSL port by default, to prevent "Mixed Content" login issues: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1762
- Improvements in graylog-ctl reconfigure: Graylog2/graylog2-server#1776
Graylog v2.0 Alpha can be downloaded from here.
Our virtual appliance in OVA format has also been updated for this release.
Docker and DEB/RPM packages are not yet available for this alpha release.
We need your feedback
We need feedback about what’s working and what’s broken in order to help everyone get the most out of Graylog 2.0. There are a variety of ways to provide feedback, all of which can be found on our community resources page:
- Report bugs and other issues in our GitHub graylog-server repo.
- Help with documentation in our GitHub documentation repo.
- Start a discussion in our Google Group mailing list.
- Or join the chatter on our #graylog Freenode IRC channel.
- New feature ideas are welcome in our product idea portal.
We’re super excited about releasing 2.0, and we value your feedback. So please go try out this release and let us know what you think!