Graylog v2.0 Beta 3 Released
We’ve just released the third beta of Graylog v2.0. This Beta.3 release is primarily a bug fix release but also contains some additional features for the commercial Archive plugin. If you missed our previous release announcements, check out the Beta.1 blog post for an overview of the major new features, as well as our Beta.2 blog post.
The server core has been feature complete since Graylog 2.0.0-beta.1. We’re still working on a few new features related to plugins between now and the release of v2.0 GA.
- Updated to Elasticsearch 2.3.1. (Remember that v1.x versions of Elasticsearch are no longer supported)
- Enabled cancellation of system jobs via REST API. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2053
- Added UI notifications when creating/restoring/deleting archives.
- Enabled periodic reloading of archives list on the archives page.
- Made it possible to relocate the archive files into a different directory.
- Made it possible to cancel archive creation and restore jobs.
- Fixed timezone issues for date time processing in JSON parser. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2007
- Fixed redirection if user is not authorized. Graylog2/graylog-server2#1985 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2024
- Made changing the sort order in search result table work again. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2028 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2031
- Performance improvements on "System/Indices" page. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2017
- Fixed content-type settings for static assets. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2052
- Fixed return code for invalid input IDs. Graylog2/graylog-server2#1718 Graylog2/graylog-server2#1767
- Improved field analyzer UI. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2022 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2023
- Fixed login with LDAP user. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2045 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2046 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2069
- Fixed issue with bad message timestamps to avoid data loss. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2064 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2065
- Improved handling of Elasticsearch indices. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2058 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2062
- Extractor form improvements for JSON and Grok extractors. Graylog2/graylog-server2#1883 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2020
- Used search refresh to refresh field statistics. Graylog2/graylog-server2#1961 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2068
- Fixed clicking zoom button in quick values. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2040 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2067
- Removed hard coded max number of indices and use the config option instead.
- Fixed restore/archive job progress when coming back to the archives page.
- Do not allow creating archives for empty indices.
- Avoid storing absolute paths in the archive metadata to make it possible to move the archives into a different directory.
- Check if an index already exists before restoring an archive.
- Improved error handling in case of missing archives.
Graylog v2.0 Beta can be downloaded from here.
Our virtual appliance in OVA format has also been updated for this release.
The operating system packages for v2.0 Beta are available in our repositories. See our documentation for details.
Docker images are available on Docker Hub.
Upgrading from Graylog 1.3.x
Graylog v2.0 is not production ready yet but you can preview the breaking changes in our UPGRADING document. More detailed documentation is coming soon. Please let us know if you discover anything that is missing from the document!
We need your feedback
We need feedback about what’s working and what’s broken in order to help everyone get the most out of Graylog 2.0. There are a variety of ways to provide feedback, all of which can be found on our community resources page:
- Report bugs and other issues in our GitHub graylog-server repo.
- Help with documentation in our GitHub documentation repo.
- Start a discussion in our Google Group mailing list.
- Or join the chatter on our #graylog Freenode IRC channel.
- New feature ideas are welcome in our product idea portal.
We’re super excited about releasing 2.0, and we value your feedback. So please go try out this release and let us know what you think!