We’ve just released the first RC of Graylog v2.0. This RC.1 release primarily includes bug fixes, and GA is just around the corner pending no major issues. If you missed our previous announcement with an overview of the major new features in Graylog v2.0, check out the Beta.1 blog post, as well as our blog for other posts related to subsequent releases.
- Added config setting to override web interface endpoint URI. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2101
- Added more configuration options for the existing inputs in the UI.
- Web interface styling improvements.
- Replaced . in message field keys with a _ for ES 2.x compatibility. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2078
- Fixed unprocessed journal messages reload in node list. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2083
- Fixed problems with stale sessions on the login page. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2073 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2059 Graylog2/graylog-server2#1891
- Fixed issue with index retention strategies. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2100
- Fixed password change form. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2103 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2105
- Do not show search refresh controls on the sources page. Graylog2/graylog-server2#1821 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2104
- Wait for index being available before calculating index range. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2061 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2098
- Fixed issue with sorting extractors. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2086 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2088
- Improve DataTable UI component. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#11
- Move TCP keepalive setting into AbstractTcpTransport to simplify input development. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2112
- Fixed issue with Elasticsearch index template update. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2089 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2097
- Ensure that tmpDir is writable when generating self-signed certs in TCP transports. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2054 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2096
- Fixed default values for plugin configuration forms. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2108 Graylog2/graylog-server2#2114
- Dashboard usability improvements. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2093
- Include default values in pluggable entities forms. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2122
- Ignore empty authentication tokens in LdapUserAuthenticator. Graylog2/graylog-server2#2123
Plugin: Pipeline Processor
- Add REST API authentication and permissions. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#15
- Require authenticated user in REST resources. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#14
Graylog v2.0 RC can be downloaded from here.
Our virtual appliance in OVA format has also been updated for this release.
The operating system packages for v2.0 RC are available in our repositories. See our documentation for details.
Docker images are available on Docker Hub.
Upgrading from Graylog 1.3.x
Graylog v2.0 is not yet production ready, but you can preview the breaking changes in our
We need your feedback
We need feedback about what’s working and what’s broken in order to help everyone get the most out of Graylog 2.0. There are a variety of ways to provide feedback, all of which can be found on our community resources page:
- Report bugs and other issues in our GitHub graylog-server repo.
- Help with documentation in our GitHub documentation repo.
- Start a discussion in our Google Group mailing list.
- Or join the chatter on our #graylog Freenode IRC channel.
- New feature ideas are welcome in our product idea portal.
We’re super excited about releasing 2.0, and we value your feedback. So please go try out this release and let us know what you think!