Today we are releasing Graylog v2.2.0-beta.2. Our focus for this release was on improvement of four current features: retention, alerting, pipeline processor, and collector sidecar. As always, we could use your help by providing feedback. You can report bugs and any other issues in our GitHub graylog-server repo.
Please note, you may experience web interface issues with plug-ins that were not built for Graylog v2.2.0.
Download Graylog v2.2.0-beta.2:
- DEB or RPM packages are available in our repositories. Check our documentation for details.
- Docker image
- OVA / Appliance
- Tarball (manual installation)
- Improved retention was our most requested feature! With v2.2.0-beta.2, you can save storage space by setting a retention period for each type of log file (syslog, application logs, flowlogs, etc).
- Improved alerting with the advantage of stateful notifications. This will weed out any unnecessary alerts. We’ve also introduced a new Alerts page in the top-level
- Introducing explicit default stream so that non-admin users can be granted access to all messages
- Stabilized Pipeline Processor! We’ve improved performance with faster processing speed
- Sidecar collector performance improvements with easier usability and the ability to restart single collectors from the web interface
- Fixed API backwards incompatibility Graylog2/graylog2-server#2973
- Fixed Quick Values on failed search Graylog2/graylog2-server#2984
- Fixed legacy FieldGraph was showing wrong value function Graylog2/graylog2-server#2985
- Improve search page behaviour when search returns an error Graylog2/graylog2-server#2988
- Fixed stream search page does not update data Graylog2/graylog2-server#2998
- Fixed web interface incompatibility with Firefox Graylog2/graylog2-server#3001
- Fixed file handle leak in KeyUtil (SSL) Graylog2/graylog2-server#3012
- Fixed explicitly close okhttp response body, avoiding leak connection warning Graylog2/graylog2-server#3013
- Implement “contains” stream rule Graylog2/graylog2-server#3020
- Support all ZLIB compression levels for GELF messages Graylog2/graylog2-server#3022
- Prevent n+1 query loading for Stream Rules Graylog2/graylog2-server#3024 credit to bjoernhaeuser
- Handle search execution errors Graylog2/graylog2-server#3027
- Calculate cardinality on field graphs Graylog2/graylog2-server#3028
- Improved search indicators Graylog2/graylog2-server#3031
- Close search query autocompletion on enter Graylog2/graylog2-server#3032
- Refresh stream search when stream changes Graylog2/graylog2-server#3033
- Upgrade TZ information Graylog2/graylog2-server#3059
PIPELINE PROCESSOR PLUGIN
- Improved interpreter performance Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#115
- Use explicit default stream Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#123
- Turn off code generation if no compiler available Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#134
- Date arithmetic Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#136
COLLECTOR SIDECAR PLUGIN
- Improved Windows installer, credit to nicozanf
- Improved Linux service, credit to jessecarbon
- Beats 5 support Graylog2/collector-sidecar#98
- Configuration overrides within web interface Graylog2/collector-sidecar#85
- Improved Collector list styling Graylog2/graylog-plugin-collector#33
- Add restart collector action Graylog2/graylog-plugin-collector#40
WE LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK
We are really excited about version v2.2.0-beta.2 and we would love to hear your thoughts! There are a variety
of ways to provide feedback, all of which can be found on our
- Report bugs and other issues in our GitHub graylog-server repo.
- Help with documentation in our GitHub documentation repo.
- Start a discussion in our Google Group mailing list.
- Or join the chatter on our #graylog Freenode IRC channel.
- New feature ideas are welcome in our product idea portal.