Announcing Graylog 2.1.0-beta.4
We are getting closer to the final release! Today we are pleased to release the fourth beta version of Graylog v2.1. It is a feature-complete release of the 2.1 pre-GA series and ready for your feedback. You can find a changelog and overview of new features in this post.
Download Graylog 2.1.0-beta.4:
- DEB or RPM package (documentation for details)
- Docker image
- OVA / Appliance
- Tarball (manual installation)
Important changes since beta.3
These are some of new features since the last Graylog v2.1 beta release:
Format string message decorator
We are introducing a new decorator on this beta release. The format string message decorator will help you to alter the way some of your fields look like, allowing you to combine several fields into a single one, or making some of your fields more readable. As other decorators, this one works during search time, so the modified fields are not stored.
Clone collector configurations
Many of you were asking to be able to clone collector configurations, so we made it possible in this release. Now you can take a working collector configuration, clone it, and adapt it to your needs in an easier way.
Regular expression changes in pipeline rules
A note for those of you already using the pipelines processor: we changed the way regular expressions are evaluated. From this beta on, regular expressions used in the regex() function do not need to match the whole input string. Your old rules should still work as before, and we hope that this change will make writing regular expressions in the pipeline processor a bit easier for you.
- Do not load plugins for journal commands. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2667
- Use proper other count for pie chart slices. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2639Graylog2/graylog2-server#2671
- Removing unused prop type in StreamRuleList component. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2673
- Add a generic search form component. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2678
- Decorator improvements. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2519, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2666, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2674
- Only show notification link when there are notifications. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2677
- Enable gzip per default for REST API listener. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2670, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2672
- Improvements in raw message loader. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2684
- Allow users of MessageFields to disable field actions. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2685
- Generating a relative redirect URL for web interface in root resource. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2593, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2675
- Add help text for session's client address. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2656, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2692
- Fix content pack extractor validation. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2663, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2697
- Reset users' startpages if referenced stream/dashboard is deleted. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2400, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2695, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2702
- Fix token creation via API browser. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2668, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2698
- Allow surrounding search to be opened in new tab. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2531, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2699
- Reformatting component, adding error handler for fetching dashboard. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2576, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2703
- Add format string message decorator. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2660
- Reloading CurrentUserStore when updated user is the current user. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2705, Graylog2/graylog2-server#2706
- General UI improvements Graylog2/graylog2-server#2700
- Prevent crashes when failed to propagate state to the server
- Improve compatibility with old API
- Display collector IP address. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-collector#9
- Ability to clone collector configuration. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-collector#10
- NXLog GELF/TLS input should work without cert files. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-collector#13
Pipeline processor plugin
- UI improvements. Graylog2/graylog2-server#2683, Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#83
- Unregister PipelineInterpreter from event bus :bus:. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#79
- Use find in the regex function. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#35, Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#88
- Dynamic function list. Graylog2/graylog-plugin-pipeline-processor#89
We love your feedback
We need feedback about what’s working and what’s broken in order to help everyone get the most out of Graylog v2.1. There are a variety of ways to provide feedback, all of which can be found on our [community resources (https://www.graylog.org/get-involved) page:
- Report bugs and other issues in our GitHub graylog-server repo.
- Help with documentation in our GitHub documentation repo.
- Start a discussion in our Google Group mailing list.
- Or join the chatter on our #graylog Freenode IRC channel.
- New feature ideas are welcome in our product idea portal.
We’re super excited about releasing 2.1, and we value your feedback. So please go try out the Beta and let us know what you think!