The Lead Development Rep at Graylog will be the founding member of our team to focus on the bridge between marketing-created leads and sales opportunities globally. This role will be a critical driver of growth at Graylog, a fast-paced start-up B2B software company based in Houston, TX. As a member of the team, you’ll be surrounded by highly-experienced Sales and Marketing professionals interested in investing in you and your growth.
Your job is to engage with potential prospects, talk through their challenges in collecting and analyzing log data from their IT infrastructure, and determine if there is an opportunity for our sales team to engage. We primarily respond to inbound contact requests and thoughtful, personalized communications is one of the best ways to ensure Graylog maintains our strong positive brand image while maximizing sales opportunities. The goal of your work is to build early stage relationships with software evaluators that ultimately turns into new business.
You will be the first point of contact with our customers in the sales process. This position requires intense proactivity, a strong desire to learn how to become a great lead development person, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to get others excited about using our tools to improve their business results. You will learn the ins-and-outs of both enterprise software Marketing and Sales processes, with a chance to grow your career along either line.
- Meet weekly and monthly business goals for call / email / text / chat outreach in time-to-contact and lead-to-opportunity conversion rates
- Respond to prospect’s questions arising from website chat box and “contact us” form fills
- Work with Marketing to create leads from event attendees, Pardot leads, and activity on social media and third-party software review sites
- Qualify leads based on timing, budget, and size then effectively transfer interested prospects to Sales in a way that maximizes opportunity creation and wins
- Constantly search for methods of improvement through technology and process innovation and effectively communicate those ideas internally
- Work with our Marketing Automation and CRM systems to track activities
- Assist with establishing, automating, and optimizing the marketing lead-to-sales opportunity process such as email campaigns and A/B testing of messaging and methods
- Can convey an effective message in e-mail, text, chat, and phone conversations
- Understand how to social sell and interact with prospects over social networks
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications and CRM systems (preferably salesforce.com)
- Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for technology
- Team player who possesses a desire and ability to work in a fast paced, goal oriented high growth sales environment
- Are self-motivated and able to contact 5-10 new prospects per day, while managing the 12+ touches necessary to convert existing prospects into qualified leads
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years in sales position or marketing demand generation activities